The collective growth of the global economy is highly dependent on international trade and its related customs activities. International trade’s success does not just lie with quality production and proper shipping, but it also includes factors to be considered like great coordination, proper documentation of the activities, and complete control over import cargo and its allied safety measures. International trading demands some improvement in the overall logistics activities like timely delivery, imposing a proper tax on the goods, proper segregation of the goods, and proper planning of loading and storing the goods. Being the top logistics service provider in India, we at V-Trans deliver the best logistic solutions using the single window method, where we provide customized solutions according to our client’s logistic needs.
Single Window Logistics- Consistent Accuracy
The entire process of a single window logistic solution might seem to be a simpler one, but it demands a great level of accuracy consistently. For example, it demands a huge documentation work to be carried out at different stages, and these documents are prone to flaws due to human error or even might get lost or damaged. So, the single window logistic solution activities demand a great level of accuracy in all the stages.
Various Efficiency for Single Window
Though it is termed as a single window logistic solution it is capable of delivering various solutions at an efficient level and that’s the reason it is a major hit across borders. To make it precise, a single window logistic solution involves a single pipeline where businesses provide all the required information to the governing agencies, and also the regulations and rules were met within that single point from start to destination. Complete details regarding the goods to be imported must be submitted by the concerned firm like customs declarations, applications for import and export permits, sanitary certificates, health certificates, summary data, origin certificates, invoices, landing bills, and packaging lists. The single window concept in logistics means it is a one-stop solution for all your logistics needs where the import duty, tax filing, and transparent workflow process is handled with greater efficiency, and above all great cost savings are made too. It has eradicated the unnecessary procedure to be followed by the company adhering to the logistic solutions and it has delivered benefits to all the stakeholders like supervising agencies. The advent of technology in the recent past has made the single window logistic solution much more efficient where some of the top names are using or availing the help of renowned tech partners to implement blockchain technology into single window logistic systems.
How Single Window Logistics Works?
- Payments are made electronically way to the customs department and all clearance-related paperwork is done through e-documentation which can easily be submitted to port authorities.
- Easily connects the back-end IT system of the other government that imports the goods and transfers the required documents.
- e-documents can be shared in a connected way to all kinds of freights like air, sea, and dry in their respective port community.
- Creates a healthy setup of an integrated national logistic platform for traders and also a portal for logistic service providers to exchange information.
- Finally, it takes to the regional information exchange system.
Benefits of Single Window Logistics?
- The single window logistic solution brings in improved revenue for a government that adopts it and also enhances resource allocation.
- When it comes to traders, it shortens the overall clearance time of their goods, transparency in workflow, and simplifies the process.
- For the customs department, it majorly impacts enhanced employee productivity and improvement in their infrastructure and process.
- For the central governing bodies, it delivers almost zero corruption where there is a low intrusion and provides more transparency as well.
Well, looking at the future of single window logistics things are quite bright, but it purely depends on how the global logistic players deal with it in the future for the main two rising challenges. One is the interoperability, which we have to wait and see how the governments joining hands with logistic solution providers carry out this interoperability better, where, there is a huge contrast in rules and regulations amongst governments, and with the arrival of digital it would be interesting to watch out for. When talking about digital, we also can witness players implementing blockchain technology and it purely depends on the player who deploys this to know the result it delivers.